Pages

Monday, July 9, 2012

Eye Shadow Addiction

Okay, let's talk about my favorite thing...eyeshadow!

This is where I spend the bulk of my money. With some things there isn't a lot of difference between drug store brands and higher end brands but eyeshadow is one of them.

As I have said before, I'm a total Urban Decay girl. Their eyeshadows are smooth and creamy and look so pretty on your eyes. Have you ever gotten an eyeshadow that is pretty in the package but you put it on and it's so light that you can't even see it? That means it's not very pigmented. Urban Decay eyeshadows are very pigmented. They go on nice and bold and pretty true to the color they look in the pan(depending on your skin tone, they look slightly different on everyone). They are also the makers of the Naked Palette, which is a wildly popular palette. The colors are all neutral and go with many different tones. They have two versions, Naked #1 is for more warmer skin tones while Naked #2 is more for those with cooler tones. Both would work for anyone though and most people use this in their daily makeup routine (like me!). Both palettes are $50 each but I have not regretted spending the money on mine for a second.

Naked #1



Naked #2



I also have the Mariposa Palette ($39), which I use when I need some color.



I pretty much exclusively use these two palettes and I've never wished for more. The only negative thing I could say about Urban Decay eyeshadows are that some of them are overly sparkly and have some glitter fallout under your eyes. Most of their colors have a little bit of a sheen to them so if you want more matte colors this might not be your eyeshadow holy grail. :)

Here are a few more brands that make awesome eyeshadows:

LORAC-These are nice, creamy eyeshadows that look great wet or dry. LORAC is one of my favorite lines of makeup, period!

Too Faced-Another great, creamy collection of shadows.

Sephora-The Sephora Collection has some really great palettes. The eyeshadows are excellent wet or dry. They don't last quite as long as UD in my experience but they are less expensive so it evens out.

Physicians Formula-Pretty decent drug store brand! I love the brush that comes with the shimmer strip collection. They have tons of choices and colors for a great price.

Wet and Wild-I was amazed to hear so many good things about Wet and Wild eyeshadows. I remember Wet and Wild being the $1 brand that I bought as a teenager. Apparently now they have started making some really good, pigmented eyeshadows. I have not tried the new ones for myself but it was worth mentioning because I hear about them so much. I'll have to pick up one and check it out for you guys. :D

Whew, I knew this was going to be a long post. I get excited about eyeshadow...as you can tell. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment