Pages

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Review: Cargo 7 in 7 Mini Kit

I got this Cargo 7 in 7 Mini Kit for my birthday. I was super excited to try it because I had not been able to try any of Cargo's products yet...and here were seven of their best sellers all in one! The kit comes in three shades: light, medium and dark. Upon further inspection, I noticed that I got this kit in the Dark shade by accident. The only thing this really affected was my ability to review the One Base Concealer/Foundation.



Before I review the products, I would like to say that I liked the mini-tutorial on the left hand side that comes with this kit. It does not go into great detail but it does say how to use each item and where. The more help I can get when it comes to application the better!

1. One Base Concealer and Foundation in One: I was not able to test this item out because it was much too dark for me.

2. Essential Eye Palette: These colors were nice and versatile. The eye shadow formula was also quite nice. There was nothing terribly exciting about it but it would be great for an everyday look.

3. Eye Pencil in Black: I did not like this pencil at all. It was not as black in color as I would like it and the overall feel of the pencil was cheap and hard to put on.

4. Lash Activator Mascara: I liked this mascara. It went on well and did not clump or flake. It did not do fabulous things for my lashes but it wasn't bad either. I'd give it an ok overall.

5. Beach Blush/Bronzer: A simple all over face product. Again, nothing terribly special.

6. Reverse Lip Liner: My favorite piece in the set! Although, I did not use it for purposes intended. I mostly use it as a nude eyeliner for my waterline. It stays well there and I have not been able to find that in a traditional eyeliner yet. As a lip liner, it also does well. I have to admit though that I can't really see that it made my lips look any bigger.

7. Classic Lipgloss: A nice, sheer lipgloss. It is not sticky or messy at all. It is also not very pigmented. I do find myself using it a lot though because it makes a nice finishing touch to the lips without changing the color of my lipstick.

Overall, I was quite disappointed with this set. I know Cargo to make better products than this so I'm not sure why they dropped the ball on this set. The only product that I would consider buying full size would be the Reverse Lip Liner. The rest of the items were either underwhelming or just okay. I would not recommend purchasing this item.


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for saving me! I've got this product in my Haute Look cart, but after reading your review, I can walk away.

    ReplyDelete