Pages

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Reviews: L'oreal Voluminous Million Lashes, UD Lipstick, Physicians Formula CreamLiner

It's review time! I apologize in advance for my shadowy iphone pictures. The lighting was awful but I will post links so you can get a better view if you need one.

********

First up, is Urban Decay Lipstick in Rush. This is one of the things I picked up for $8 during Urban Decay's big sale that I posted about a few posts back. While they don't have this particular color in stock anymore, they do have some beautiful colors left to choose from.




Pros: It's got a creamy formula that feels very nice on. It smells nice also but not too strongly. It smells sweet, almost like a bakery/cake kind of smell. It just feels really great on your lips. I have to admit that it was the packaging of this product that drew me in. It's in a very pretty tube complete with a tiny sword on the end. I feel like I'm slaying a dragon every time I whip this bad boy out.

Cons: The longevity of this product leaves much to be desired. It does not last more than about an hour on me, if that long. The amount of actual product is also smaller than my other lipsticks. The picture above is the lipstick twisted up all the way. Finally, while the package is lovely, it is also very bulky and takes up a lot of room in my makeup case.

Verdict: I think that this product is worth the $8 price tag for sheer novelty alone. The colors are nice, the formula is nice and who doesn't need a tiny sword in your purse? At full price ($16), I probably wouldn't spend the money though.

********

Next up is L'oreal Voluminous Million Lashes. I picked this up at Walgreens for around $9. (Watch for BOGO 50% sales at Walgreens!) I have tried both higher end and drugstore mascaras and this is my favorite so far. I got the waterproof version because mascara tends to smudge on me and it's wonderful. It has a flexible, plastic nubby brush that they call the Millionizer brush.


Pros: This mascara does what it says it will do. It separates my lashes and gives them thickness and volume. It does not clump on my eyes and it has a wiper that cleans the brush off as it's taken out of the tube. It also does not smudge and stays on until I take it off in the evenings. My lashes do not look spidery or drowned in mascara. They are also not crunchy or stiff.

Cons: Fortunately, length is not something that I struggle with concerning my lashes. This product doesn't seem to make my lashes any longer (which I prefer). If length is your main concern, this might not be your HG mascara.

Verdict: I love it. I will most likely buy mascara again and again. For the price, you cannot beat the performance. I highly recommend it to anyone who wants super full and soft lashes.

********

Last but not least is Physician's Formula Custom Eye Enhancing Gel CreamLiner in Glam Brown. Goodness, that's a mouthful. Anyway, I picked this up at CVS for around $11. It is a set of three gel/cream liners that come in a cute stackable set with liner brush. There are four "Glam" sets, one for each eye color. My brown set came with liners in Gold, Bronze and Black (with bronze glitter). They also have four original sets for each eye color. (Brown in original comes with Brown, Purple and Black).



Pros: These liners are very creamy and easy to apply. They are almost between a gel liner (such as Bobbi Brown) and a cream eyeshadow in terms of consistency. They took longer than my Bobbi Brown to set but when they did, they were good and on there. It took some scrubbing with a makeup remover wipe to get these swatches off my arm. These are brand new so I have not gotten a chance to put them to a day test yet but if my swatching exercise is any indication, then they should be great. The colors are also very nice and will look great with my brown eyes. The black is the most pigmented color, while the gold is very subtle. My swatch is about 3 strokes of the gold , 2 of the bronze and 1 of the black.

Cons: I could do without the glitter added to the black liner. It is not ridiculously glittery, thankfully. The brush that comes with the set is going promptly into the trash can. It would work better if you were going to use these liners as an eyeshadow base but for a liner brush it just doesn't work very well. The amount of product you get in each color is rather small so I will have to report back on how long the product lasts.

Verdict: I like it. These are great because they come in so many different colors. I also like the fact that you get three colors in each package that was specifically put together to compliment your eye color. I think it's a good deal, all things considered. Physician's Formula makes some really great products and this is no exception.

No comments:

Post a Comment